GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Thank you for your interest in ScriptFEST. The submission period of scripts for ScriptFEST 2014 will be August 1, 2013 through September 30, 2013. Scripts postmarked before August 1st or after September 30th will not be eligible. Email submissions will not be accepted.
We welcome your submission and hope the following information will answer your questions. If you need more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SART business office at 828-689-1384.
- New scripts of full-length plays and musicals in English that have not been published nor fully produced, either professionally or by community and/or educational theatres. No One-Acts. No Children’s Plays. Scripts that have gone through a developmental process or other readings are eligible.
- Playwrights may submit only one title each submission period.
- Excerpts and summaries will not be accepted without the FULL script.
- No film or television scripts, translations or adaptations.
- Adaptations of novels and short stories are acceptable. Adaptations of movies and stage scripts are not acceptable.
- If you have submitted a particular title in a previous year, it may be submitted again if and only if you have made significant revisions to the script since it was last submitted. It would be best if you explained this in a cover letter so we wouldn’t have to contact you for verification.
- No scripts will be returned.
- TWO “hard” copies of script on white paper are required. One or two-sided paper format is the author’s choice. All pages much be standard 3-hole punched, or better yet, in a binder.
- Synopsis Page(s) (optional) inserted directly behind the Title Page containing play synopsis, character descriptions, and other notes.
- Do not have the author’s name and/or other identifying information anywhere on the title page, synopsis or pages of the script. If you do, your submission may not be accepted!
- Provide one additional and separate Title Page that includes the author’s name, contact information, date, etc.
- Author’s Resume, or detailed background information.
- If you include a cover letter, DO NOT include synopsis, notes, or other important information in the letter. Anything you want the reviewers to read must be included on the inserted synopsis page(s) of the scripts.
- Musicals should also include a score and/or a recording of at least four songs on CD or cassette. Only one score/recording is necessary.
- If you wish notification of receipt of your submission, please include a postage-paid card for us to return to you.
- SART will contact you by email if your submission is not chosen as a finalist. If you would prefer postal mail notification, you must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission.
(Use the U.S. Postal Service,
as UPS will not deliver to PO boxes.)
P.O. Box 1720
Mars Hill, NC 28754-1720
Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre (SART)
P.O.Box 1720 / 44 College Street
Mars Hill, NC 28754
SART presents the mainstage summer season of productions each year in the historic Owen Theatre on the campus of Mars Hill College, Mars Hill NC.
Owen Theatre is equipped with hearing-impaired assistance devices
and wheelchair designated seating / access.
SART is supported by the North Carolina Arts Council
with funding from the state of North Carolina
and the National Endowment for the Arts,
which believes that a great nation deserves great art.